Celebrated on the Tuesday following the US Thanksgiving and entering its ninth year, #GivingTuesday is a global day of charitable giving fueled by the power of social media. For the past few years, PC Project has participated in Giving Tuesday and have successfully raised money to help fund our mission of finding a cure for PC.
Pachyonychia Congenita (PC) is an ultra-rare genetic autosomal dominant skin disorder. This disorder does not affect lifespan, but almost all PC patients experience constant pain. There is currently no effective, approved medical treatment or cure for PC.
PC Project is leading the way to help raise awareness for this disease, build our powerful registry for research and clinical trials, help PC patients navigate life with this terrible condition, and keep fighting for a cure.
This Giving Tuesday, we’re asking those living with PC to answer two questions…
What is the worst thing about living with PC?
What is the first thing you’ll do once we have a cure?
- Respond with your answers to the questions:
- Share your responses on social media with a text or video post, and be sure to tell your followers that you support PC Project. Don’t forget to use the hashtag #Worst2First4PC.
- Make your contribution to PC Project, and then ask friends and family to join you with a donation this Giving Tuesday.
PC Project is leading the way for a cure. Medical research for orphan diseases is expensive and profit potential for drug companies is limited. PC Project fights 24/7/365 to make sure Pachyonychia Congenita – and each person who lives with the pain and stigma of this disease – never falls through the cracks.
Thank you for your support!
Donate to PC Project
- Donate through Facebook donate button at 6 am MDT (1 pm UK time) on December 1st
- Donate with PayPal Giving Fund
- Donate with JustGiving UK for those in UK
- Donate to @PCProject through Venmo App
- Mail check or money order to: PC Project PO Box 17850, Holladay, UT 84117